Digiquip AS. Data Security Policy
The purpose of this Data Security Policy (“Policy”) is to describe Digiquips's security policy regarding customer information, including without limitation personal information collected and processed by Digiquip's online services.
Specifically, this Policy is intended to identify DigiQuip's policies, procedures, and auditing and training practices utilized for data security, and our resulting responsibilities to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
DigiQuip AS. provides its customers with online data processing services. In this capacity, we do not own or control any of the information we process on behalf of our customers; all such information is owned and controlled by our customers. This customer information is stored in a secure facility of a third-party independent data processor service provider on hardened systems using industry standard data security methods. Access to this information is restricted to authorized personnel only as dictated by operational policies.
DigiQuip AS. also collects personal information from identifiable persons for purposes of product registration and support, and to complete transactions. This information may be stored on DigiQuip's internal computer network or in offline filing systems. Access to this information is restricted to authorized personnel only as dictated by operational policies.
Approach to Security
The following sections describe DigiQuip's comprehensive approach to ensuring enterprise wide compliance with its Policy. This consists of four (4) major areas: Security, Personnel Education, Audits and Contracts.
Security of data is the cornerstone of verifying privacy of data. DigiQuip Inc. maintains a rigorous security posture through focused methodology. It is founded on the implementation of best practices and security policies in five (5) major areas providing enterprise wide coverage including:
• Regulatory Controls
• Organizational Controls
• Service Provider Controls
• Standardized Process and Practices
• Business Partner Controls
Key policies in place that contribute to the verification and compliance with the Policy are:
• Awareness and Training
• Personnel Practices
• Administrative Roles and Responsibilities
• Computer, Email and Internet Use Policies
• Network and Telecommunications Security
• Incident Detection and Reporting
• Malicious Code Control (Antivirus)
• Portable Computers
• Logical and System Access
• Physical Access
• Remote Access
• Firewall Management
• Third Party Services
• Software Licensing and Appropriate usage
• Auditing and Monitoring
• Data Classification, Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
• Policy Compliance
Operational procedures demonstrating compliance with the Policy are:
• Change Control
• Event monitoring
• Data backup
• System hardening
The above referenced policies and procedures are documented and available for review.
Our personnel consist of employees and contractors.
• At least once per year, this Security Policy is presented and discussed at a companywide meeting.
• This Security Policy is prominently displayed in a common area of the office.
This Security Policy is self-verified periodically by DigiQuip's Security Officer. The Security Officer is responsible for:
• Ensuring that the policies, guidelines, internal procedures, personnel training, and other measures necessary to implement the Policy are developed and put into practice,
• Working with DigiQuip's legal counsel to ensure DigiQuip's ongoing compliance with applicable privacy laws and agreements, as well as any of DigiQuip's other related legal obligations, and
• Overseeing annual assessments of DigiQuip's internal and external practices to ensure that they conform to the Policy and related company obligations.
In addition, DigiQuip, through its internal audit processes, conducts an audit of its security controls a minimum of once per year. This independent review assesses the physical security, network security and operational policies and controls in place to protect customer data. The latest copy of the security review is available to customers, personnel and prospects upon request.
Prior to (i) processing any personal information on behalf of an individual or entity, or (ii) transferring any personal information, DigiQuip Inc.requires contracts with data security provisions consistent with this Security Policy.
As a condition of employment, all DigiQuip AS. personnel must sign a confidentiality agreement.